The 2019 Global Summit will be held May 9-11 in Lisbon, Portugal. Help us bring the 2019 Global Summit to life by proposing a session. This year’s Summit will provide a diverse and fun space for everyone to collaborate and be a part of the CC community. We hope you will join us.
Please read the info below before applying.
Call for Proposals Timeline
- Nov 19, 2018 – Call for Proposals opens
- Dec 10, 2018 – proposal deadline
- Dec 17, 2018 – presenters notified
- Mid-Jan 2019 – presenters communicate their acceptance
- Feb 2019 – program schedule published
The CC Summit is open to everyone who is interested and we always welcome new faces and fresh ideas. If you are wondering if you should attend CC Summit, it may be helpful to know our target audiences.
- Active members of the CC network (CC network members, CC country teams)
- Members of partner organizations (Mozilla, Wikimedia, Open Knowledge, etc.)
- Creators and users working with open licenses (artists, educators, researchers, librarians)
- Activists working on open access to information (lawyers, journalists)
- Representatives of funding organizations (foundations, governments)
- Potential members for any of the above (an organization or individual whose work or values align with CC but is not yet actively engaged in the movement)
- Open technology enthusiasts which contribute to the values of open through decentralized technologies (blockchain, etc.)
We’re unleashing a global community in action. This year, individuals are joining the reformed CC Global Network, chapters are setting up and hosting their first meetings, the Global Network Council is gathering for the first time, platforms are solidifying their goals and proposing projects. We are continuing down the path from re-organisation and rebuilding to action.
The Summit will be organized by tracks. Each session must be aligned with at least one track, in addition to aligning with the Summit goal.
- Creators of the Commons (artists, makers, creators)
- Building the Commons (tools, tech, community that makes the commons run)
- Ethics of Openness (diversity, equity, inclusion, gender, de-colonisation and the role of the commons)
- Open Education, Open Science and Open Access
- Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums
- Legal, Policy and Copyright Reform
Funding for Presenters
We recognize that some who wish to present will require subsidy. Please apply for a scholarship if you require funding to attend the Summit. The deadline to apply for scholarship is Dec 10, 2018.
The timeline for the Call for Proposals and the Scholarship process is the same – applicants will be notified if they have received one or both in December.
Proposal deadline is December 10, 2018.
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our conference are expected to adhere to our Code of Conduct to help ensure a safe environment for everyone.