The 2019 Global Summit runs over 3 full days and features 6 tracks, 120 sessions, 450+ Commoners, 2 evening events including an after party with Tribe of Noise, and 100+ countries represented.
Keep checking back as there may be changes and additions to the program as we get closer to the event.
The Summit will be co-hosted by CC and CC Portugal, and we owe tremendous gratitude to the CC Portugal team for their insight and assistance. We also want to congratulate and thank Teresa Nobre and Timothy Vollmer, our Program Committee Chairs, as well as our volunteer Program Committee members, for stepping up to help create our Summit program.
We’re unleashing a global community in action. This year, individuals are joining the reformed CC Global Network, chapters are setting up and hosting their first meetings, the Global Network Council is gathering for the first time, platforms are solidifying their goals and proposing projects. We are continuing down the path from re-organisation and rebuilding to action.
The Summit is organized by tracks:
- Creators of the Commons (artists, makers, creators)
- Building the Commons (tools, tech, community that makes the commons run)
- Ethics of Openness (diversity, equity, inclusion, gender, de-colonisation and the role of the commons)
- Open Education, Open Science and Open Access
- Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums
- Legal, Policy and Copyright Reform
For more information on how you can get involved, please join our Summit mailing list for updates.