Designing the Commons of the Future: Reflecting on the values that shape the Commons
The CC Global Summit gathers those in the open community under the umbrella of learning, sharing, and creating; united by a passion for growing a vibrant, usable commons powered by collaboration and gratitude.
The Summit is a perfect space for the open community to begin an exercise of internal reflection on how to build a more equitable, inclusive and accessible world.
Who is the Virtual Global Summit for?
The CC Virtual Global Summit is open to anyone who is interested and we always welcome new faces and fresh ideas. If you are wondering whether you should attend the CC Global Summit, here’s a idea of who might be attending:
- Active and potential members of the Creative Commons Global Network
- Community members in like-minded movements concerned with issues regarding open access and copyright
- Creators, content providers, and users working with open licenses
- Activists and policymakers advocating for open access to knowledge and culture
- Educators, researchers, and open education activists
- Practitioners and advocates of open technologies and open data
- Individuals from underrepresented and historically marginalized communities working in the open
- Supporters of the open ecosystem
- Creators of the Commons – The faces, work, and stories of those building the Commons
- Powering the Commons – Exploring the tools, technology, and communities that power the Commons
- Open Education and Open Scholarship – Supporting communities that practice open access to education and scholarship
- Open Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums – Improving and expanding open access to cultural heritage
- Policy and Advocacy promoting the Commons – Strategies for legal action and copyright reform
Hack4OpenGLAM is a 4-day culture hack for getting creative with Open Access cultural heritage, presented as part of the virtual Summit program.